Stellarium Mobile Plus

Posted by  Fabien Chéreau on 2019-04-05 at 10:29

• Author
    Fabien Chéreau
    Keymaster

Please post questions and comments about Stellarium Mobile Plus here

zhihong he
    Participant

Can you give me a coupon for “stellarium mobile plus”? Let me download it for free in the Google App Store. I have provided Chinese translations for “Tasker”, “jetaudio” and “magicbox”. If you need a Chinese translation, I can also provide you with a quality Chinese translation.

Fabien Chéreau
      Keymaster

Hi,
      thanks for the offer, but we already have a Chinese translation for our apps.
      Fabien

Oliver Förster
    Participant

Bought Stellarium Mobile plus and it looks great on my iPad.
    However, I hope that there will follow many updates feature wise.
    I‘m missing an observing list, labels on the Moon for each crater, a „now“ button in the time settings, an opaque area instead of landscape and so on. 🙂

Keep up the good work!

All the best,
    Oliver

Fabien Chéreau
      Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

thanks for buying our app and for the feedback! We are actively working on it. We are going to release this week a major beta (android at first) bringing a lot of improvements for the telescope control features (Wifi & TCP socket connection, LX200 and NexStar serial protocol support), which has kept us busy during the last weeks.

– the observing list is on our near term TODO list (linked with the ones from stellarium-web.org)
      – the now button already exists! It’s the small circlish button near the time setting in the bottom right corner
      – for the opaque area landscape, do you mean a very simple uniform-color landscape ?
      – the moon crater was not on our near term plans, but we take note of it.

Keep updated!

Fabien

Oliver Förster
    Participant

Hi Fabien,

thank you very much for your reply!

– the now button already exists! It’s the small circlish button near the time setting in the bottom right corner

Ah, now I see it, great! 🙂

– for the opaque area landscape, do you mean a very simple uniform-color landscape ?

Yes, it is called “Zero Horizon” in Stellarium 19.

A few thoughts:
    The mobile version is blazing fast on my iPad, however it seems that it still needs some love:
    While playing around with Stellarium I took a short visit to Jupiter and to my surprise it looked like this:
    Jupiter differences

The GRS is visible in Stellarium Mobile Pro, but it shouldn’t.
    Another feature I deeply missed is “What’s up tonight”.

So keep those updates coming 😀
    (And you should promote the new Pro version on Cloudy Nights)

Oliver

Fabien Chéreau
      Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

thanks for the detailed report, we take note of the features requests:
      – the zero horizon is an easy one, so come back soon
      – for the GRS bug we should also be able to add a fix soon
      – the “What’s up tonight” is one of our priority observation feature (just after telescope control and telescope/eyepiece settings), but it’s more work to get done right, so you’ll have to wait a bit more :/

Fabien Chéreau
      Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

the last release added zero horizon & fixed the Jupiter GRS problem!

You’ll need to wait a bit more for the what’s up tonight feature, but it’s coming 🙂

Fabien

Steven Barnes
    Participant

Website – App confusion.

In Google Play the app links to the developer Noctura Software which links to the website noctua-software.com
    There is a link on the app to this site but it’s all a bit confusing.
    Maybe noctua-software.com needs to refer people to this site for the Stellarium apps.

Fabien Chéreau
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

you are right, we are going to change that.

Fabien

Michael Ständer
    Participant

Hi,

I have both versions on my iPhone.
    In the “lite” version the sensor control feature does it’s job, but in the “plus” version is no reaction.

Michael

Fabien Chéreau
      Keymaster

Hi Michael,

in Stellarium Plus, for the sensor control to activate you just need to point your phone up (higher than 20 deg altitude) as it’s activated by default.
      If it’s not working, try to calibrate your compass by rotating the phone in every directions and try again.

Fabien

Michael Ständer
      Participant

Thank you.

Andrew Harris
    Participant

Hi Fabien,
    I have Stellarium and Stellarium Plus on my smartphones but Stellarium Plus does not seem to have as much comprehensive information as Stellarium when selecting for example individual stars, there’s no Spectral class details, no Parallax, no Colour Index, no Hour angle and no Type i.e. double or variable star.
    I don’t know if perhaps I’m missing something?. If not already added will they after next update perhaps?.

Other than that I really love the new Stellarium Plus and definitely will be still be using the timeless Stellarium!.

Thanks for these great apps.

Andy.

Fabien Chéreau
      Keymaster

Hi Andy,

yes we are not displaying everything yet, mostly because we try hard to avoid using too much screen space and GUI complexity.

Our current plan is to allow opening the panel more (dragging it up once more), to display more advanced data such the ones you described, and also better observation data.

Fabien

Steven Barnes
    Participant

Having problems with search.

Was trying to find Rho Ophiuchi. It wasn’t in the database; but when searching for Ophiuchus or Scorpius, which are there, I noticed that the search just fails after 3 letters. The search results empty out.

Fabien Chéreau
      Keymaster

Hi Steven,

yes it’s a limitation of our current search engine. We’ll try to improve that in a following release.

Fabien

Steven Barnes
      Participant

The app did help me to find Rho Ophiuchi though. Thanks.
      Rho Ophiuchi

Karl Wrigley
    Participant

Have just downloaded and checking it out. Seems nice so far and as others have mentioned will eagerly await updates for features. Great work.
    -Observing list/notes capability
    -telrad
    -Limit dso plot by magnitude
    -asterisms

Please can we have telrad soon??

Thanks
    Karl

Fabien Chéreau
    Keymaster

Hi Karl,

these features are on our roadmap. The DSO plot is almost there already if you adjust the DSO Hints slider in advanced settings, however more DSOs will be displayed if you zoom in.

Fabien

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.